Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Seafood Burgers


Burgers and salad are such a summer staple but I'm just not a fan of the standard burger. So tonight, I made seafood burgers with some marinara mix I found lurking in the freezer. I made some basic grainy burger buns and added chopped, fresh corinader during the final knead. I served the burgers in the bread with avocado and a mayonnaise with some lime juice stirred through. With a garden salad on the side.

Although I made these in the thermomix, a food processor would certainly suffice.

Seafood burgers
2 cloves garlic
1cm piece ginger
500g good quality marinara mix
1 egg
1 tablespoon sherry
2 tablespoons peanuts
2 tablespoons rice flour
12 cup bread crumbs
seasoning
2 spring onions, finely sliced

1. Chop the garlic and ginger on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
2. Add all other ingredients, except spring onions and chop for 10 seconds on speed 6
3. Add spring onion and blend for 5 seconds on speed 3
4. Heat a little oil in a frypan, spoon in and spread to 1 cm thick. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.

3 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

yay a post! thanks dani! i just realised today that i hadn't posted anything on here in forever

Anonymous said...

Apologies for ignorance but
what is a marinara mix?!

Love interesting burguers.

When I made my own soyamilk the leftover soya mash made the greatest veggie burguer base but now stopped doing that and have not found a good replacement since!

Thanks Kerry

Anonymous said...

Just found a wonderful wholesale seafood supply, so would love to try this recipe. Can I can confirm is it 12 Cups of Breadcrumbs or am I not reading it correctly?
Thanks.